Little things are important - and some pics - January 29th, 2013

I will start out with a couple pictures then we will get into the a little thing I have missed while in the RV.

I took a drive to a State Park close to the campground and it was pretty lame, but did manage to get up close and personal with a nice small buck. I was only about 15 feet from this guy and he showed no fear! Amazing.



And another



I have been seeing a nice Red tail hawk along the highway near the campground and today I had the camera and stopped to take a pic. I hate that he is on a electric pole rather than a tree, but you take what you can get!





Now for the little things that are important and something I have really missed. I really love poached eggs and have missed them here in the camper, I had a little one egg poacher and I lost the lid, plus I never really liked it because I usually want two and by the time the second one was done the first was cold. I love them on toast and also on corned beef hash or roast beef hash or as eggs Benedict. My mother used to just dump the egg in boiling water and swirled it around, but I never perfected that method and always ended up with a mess.

So the other day I did some research and found some silicone egg cups you put in boiling water, well they seemed perfect for the camper, take up almost no space and easy to use. So I ordered two and tried them out this morning when they arrived.

Real simple and a great idea...why didn't I think of this???



I just put some water on to boil and buttered up the cup and dropped in the egg while waiting for the water to boil.



Once the water was boiling put the cups in the water, turned down the flame and put a lid on and cooked for 4 minutes.





A great breakfast!





Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest

No comments:

Post a Comment