Yesterday January 23rd - 150 miles for nothing!

Yesterday I decided that an early rise and some exploring was in order, time to see some of the sights around here.

I woke before the sun rose and just as I was preparing my coffee I glanced at the frosted window of the door to the camper and was struck by very vivid colors of the sun rising, so I peeked outside, turned and grabbed my camera and went out to capture this!





Figuring now it had to be a great day to explore, I looked at the map and decided a little circle trip back RT 66 was just the order for the day. Hoping to find some interesting old buildings and scenery to photograph. Well let's just say, I drove 150 miles and had a hard time finding anything to shoot, ended up with about 12 or 13 photos...a lesson learned and now I don't need to go there again.

Here is what I found!!





One of the more interesting things was several Burma Shave signs still kept up and looking good! Brought back memories for sure!



I did some more research today and plan on another hopefully more productive outing tomorrow!



Capt. Jim - "The Gypsy"

Traveling and photographing the Southwest

No comments:

Post a Comment